The flat mount version of our F1 camera strap installs similarly to a “traditional” camera strap, with a significant difference — the sliplok and keeper are used only for installation, not to adjust the length of the camera strap.
- Situate your F1 so the adjustment tab is in front of your body when the camera strap is fully-extended, and the camera is worn sling-style.
- Pull the keeper about 2″ (5cm) away from the D-ring to “unlock” it. It’s held securely in place by friction — and needs a strong tug.
- You don’t need to remove the sliplok and keeper altogether, just feed the cut end of the webbing back through both.
- Insert the loose end through the lug, far enough so the webbing can double-back along itself (like when it came out of the package).
- Feed the webbing back through the sliplok, then the keeper, as shown (please note the orientation of the ridges in the sliplok).
- Pull the keeper back into “locked” position (next to the D-ring) with a strong tug. This will hold the end neatly in place (unlike most other straps)
- Repeat on the other side (the “S” logo goes on the inside).